Saturday, January 19, 2008
Our Lady of Holy Cross College is a small, coeducational, Catholic college in New Orleans, Louisiana. It was founded in 1916 as a two year normal school by the Marianites of Holy Cross. Its original location was in the Bywater area of New Orleans. It became a 4 year institution in 1938. In 1947, a 40 acre parcel of land in the Algiers area of New Orleans on the west bank of the Mississippi River was donated to the Marianites. The college completed a move across the river to this new site in 1960. (Its area was later reduced by a sale.) Men were first admitted in 1967.
Today, Holy Cross College, built in the Southern Colonial style, sits on a 15 acre campus with many oak trees in a middle-class residential section of Algiers. The college offers undergraduate degrees in education, nursing, business, health sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences. Master's degrees are offered in education, teaching, counseling, and theology. The college enrolls roughly 1,450 students, and is fully accredited.
Posted by bushganizer258 at 8:46 AM